Saturday, August 6, 2011

New Beginnings..

The past 3 weeks have been quite action packed. With Aaron Millers departure for Washington state we  bid him farewell properly with a slide show party and Vedauwoo trip..Ive also been wrapping up my stay with some close friends up in Coal Creek Canyon..Its been really relaxing staying with Liz and Rich these past 2 months and I totally appreciate all there hospitality..So does Butters..Ive been  back down in Boulder for a couple days now and really enjoying riding my bike around again..And for the biggest news Ive had in awhile, I found a new partner to share  some adventures with..After climbing together in Vedauwoo and a few power hour sessions at the Spot I knew I had found the partner I'd been looking for..So we made another date to climb up in RMNP. We climbed a  cool tower called Zowie that is located a short ways up Andrews Creek in the Otis Peak Towers..Climbing with Heather was awesome and I was totally impressed that she was willing to carry a pack on the climb..I will admit that in the past 4 years I had pretty much just focused on my work, building my guiding experience , and personally climbing harder..Cracks that is..Ive kinda written off ever having a girlfriend again..Change is good..It feels good to have a climbing partner now that is more than a climbing partner...So here are some pics to recap the last few weeks..

I know its alot to take in all at once..Aaron and Rich celebrating Aaron's going away party at Carol's house..The theme of the party was you had to show up in some kind of Aaron Miller attire..


                            The Voo crew..Heather, Myself, Faber, Cory, Zowie, Aaron, and Butters...
                                                Heather, looking good and ready to climb..
                                          Heather Jamming away on the classic Capt. Nemo...



                                               Sunrise over the Loch on our approach to Zowie...


                               Zowie, with its summit tower basking in the early morning sunshine...

                       Heather, probably at about pitch #5 with the Loch visible in the background...


                                                   The last couple moves before the summit...

                                                                            Summit Pic...

Life has always been pretty unpredictable for me..As soon as I think I've got everything figured out something happens that re-grounds me, brings me back to reality..I feel that climbing has always been my outlet when this uncertainty starts to overwhelm me..When most things in  my life are hectic or out of place I tend to be able to focus better on my climbing, and my climbing improves..Over the past couple weeks Ive been more open to change and uncertainty than ever before and I dig it..


Peace,
Jason

3 comments:

  1. Nice dude. Is that your new lady friend I hear of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more adventures with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. richaaaaad put your bra on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete