Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lumpy Ridge






Lumpy Ridge, located in Estes Park Colorado, is hands down my favorite place to climb. Spectacular crack and face climbing on bullet hard granite with a unbelievable backdrop of a setting, Rockey Mountain National Park. Upon entering my fourth year of climbing on the ridge, I cant help but feel grateful that such a place exists only 45 minutes from Boulder. This season I'm hoping to document more of my climbs on Lumpy and in RMNP, and compile enough footage for a slide show at the end of the year...But that also means I really have to start remembering to bring my camera...So to kick things off here are some pics form last weekend at Lumpy with my buddy Jason " J2" Estes. He's also a DBC Courier and a solid second, always down for climbing, no matter what I put him on...
J2 on the first pitch flake.....We decided on doing a variation to Pear Buttress called Thindependence.....Pretty much what it sounds like...Some thin crack climbing...Bring RP's.....The dual thin cracks of Thindependence..





Looking Back down after sewing it up!! Whew!



Check out pitch three of Pear Buttress, awesome finger to hands crack going for 100 ft....Sweet!!





This is a pic I took after we finished, looking up at another climbing party on the same route we did about to start the Pitch 3 hand crack to the climbers left...




Looking down pitch 3 of Pear Buttress


J2 figuring out the funky moves to exit the cave route and finish the climb....








Jason "J2" hanging out at the end of the climb. Longs Peak dominating the background...





well it never really got that hot, and the afternoon T-storms never materialized so we decided do go and climb the first pitch of Georges Tree on the Book and set up a top rope. Standard lumpy flared hand /finger crack, sustained 5.9 climbing for 100 ft.. The perfect cool down...





Happy Trails!
Jason
































No comments:

Post a Comment